Monday, February 28, 2011

Making Choices

I've never been good at saying, 'No'. I've also always believed that there is nothing that I can't do, and that the more I can do, the better a person I am. These things I know are no longer true.

Instead, it is important to make choices. The more wisely you choose to commit the more fully you can be present. The more reasonable you fill your schedule the more you can enjoy each minute, without always thinking about what is next. This is the greatest lesson that I've learned through the art of juggling multiple roles and I strive never to forget it. Every day.

It takes a constant commitment to remain fully present in each moment of the day and I'm still working towards mastering this art. On the days that I do, I breathe much more easily and find rewards around every corner.

What about you? What do you maintain your balance?

1 comment:

  1. I pray and sing to the Lord. As well as touch my toes and do an occasional sit-up. Perhaps you could join me?

    ReplyDelete